Production Stage Manager
This position is instrumental in the delivery of the Company’s artistic goals and maintenance of the highest production standards. Candidate must be willing to travel, work at various sites and prepared for a fast-paced, high-intensity season. This position is a member of the Creative Team reporting in its entirety to the Artistic Director or Choreographer in charge.
- Plan and develop Budgets for each production and venue in collaboration with the Director of Finance and Executive Director
- Manage budgets, including Variance permissions as required
- Develop schedules and time and material estimates for load-ins, rehearsals, performances and strikes
- Hire and supervise stage crews for all venues and events
- Plan and coordinate running crew schedules and work calls for all rehearsals and performances including tour venues
- Communicate remotely with stage crew and calls all cues for lighting, sound and scene changes
- Develop excellent work relations with the technical staffs of the venues utilized by the Company including site visits, advance notices and hiring of local crew
- Procurement and rental of all additional equipment not supplied by venues, community and promotional events.
- Maintain stock of rehearsal/performance supplies i.e. spike tape, flashlights etc.
- Develop departmental standards and procedures
- Maintain currency with industry standards, including safety regulations and requirements
- Supervise storage of all scenic, lighting, sound and property elements
Education, Skills and Abilities
- BA in Technical Theater preferred
- High School diploma and minimum 5 years of appropriate theater experience
- Working knowledge of construction, lighting equipment and sound
- Advanced knowledge of rigging techniques and practices
- Ability to manage expenditures and budgets, create schedules and meet deadlines
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Pass routine and random company drug testing
- Ability to multi-task and have excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritize, implement plans and solve problems
- Ability for high attention to details and to work well and meet deadlines under pressure
- Be self-motivated be willing to work on irregular schedules with long hours
- Ability to communicate well, and in a positive and timely manner, with touring venues, staff members and all company department heads
To apply for the Production Stage Manager position, please send your resume and any samples of your work to our Company Manager, Jason Cobb at email@example.com or mail to South Carolina Ballet, 1545 Main Street, Columbia SC. 29201 or fax to 803-799-7928.
The Columbia City Ballet is aggressively seeking male dancers for all positions in the company (Principals, Soloists, Corps members) for our upcoming dance season. Our season begins September and runs approximately 22 weeks, concluding in March. Dancer must be a height of 5’10″ or taller and must be a citizen of the United States or already have a working VISA to audition. Please contact Columbia City Ballet office at 803-799-7605 or toll free at 1-800-899-7408 for more information. Please email any audition material (Head shot, Dance shot, Resume) to Jason Cobb, Company Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Columbia City Ballet is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.