- This event has passed.
CCB Company Auditions
April 10 @ 11:00 am
We Are Seeking Professional Company Ballet Dancers
Auditions are being held on Saturday, April 10th at 11am at the CCB Office, located at 1545 Main Street, Columbia, SC 29201.
We are currently seeking dancers for all positions in the ballet company (principals, soloists, corps members) for our 2021-2022 ballet season. Our season begins October 1, 2021 and runs 25–28 weeks, concluding on April 17, 2022. We are actively pursuing male dancers that are 5’11” or taller and female dancers between 5’1 and 5’6. The company repertoire is classically focused, therefore all-female artists must have strong pointe work. All dancers must be a citizen of the United States or already have a working visa to audition.
What We Offer
In addition to salary, dancers will have the opportunity to dance in 4 to 5 major productions per season ranging from classical to contemporary repertoire. Columbia City Ballet is also a touring company, with all productions touring to various cities in the southeast. Additional benefits are:
- Access to Medical Team, Physical Therapist, Chiropractor, and Counselors
- In addition to company classes, free classes in the school from the Artistic Director and access to entire Artistic Staff
- Rehearsals end at 3:30, so you have the opportunity to augment your training or get additional part-time work
- Pointe shoes and all dance shoes provided
- All lodging and food provided while on-tour
- Guest choreographers
- Choreographic opportunities available
- Extensive performing opportunities
Main Stage Productions
- Dracula: Ballet with a Bite
- Body and Movement Explored
- Main Stage Series
- Holiday Show TBD
- Regular Show TBD
Columbia City Ballet Audition Dress Code
Ladies: Black leotard, pink tights, hair in slick bun, lip and cheek color with light eye shadow
Gentlemen: White leotard or plain white t-shirt, black tights and black shoes or black tights with white socks and white shoes
**Masks will be required to be worn at all times while in the building.**
To audition, please email your résumé, headshot(s) and videos to Nicole Czekalski, Company Manager, at ColumbiaCityBallet.Nicole@gmail.com.
Columbia City Ballet is an equal opportunity employer.