Transforming the Ballet into Your Classroom
2020-2021 Educational Outreach Season
Holiday’s Around the World
Sumter – November 20th at 9:30 AM
Columbia – December 11th at 9:30 AM
Beauty and the Beast
March 19th at 9:30 and 11:15 AM
Call 803-799-7605 to reserve your class seats! We are currently offering distance learning as well for schools.
We offer a wide spectrum of:
- Artistic genres and disciplines
- Different dance forms
- Art history
- Physical fitness
- Theatre etiquette
Holiday’s Around the World and Beauty and the Beast are coordinated to College and Career Ready Standards and incorporate STEAM strategies, both of which are integrated into the program curriculum and lesson plans.
All performances feature the professional dancers of the Columbia City Ballet and our award-winning performance standards – at only $6 per seat*
Our educational outreach program has:
- 18,000 attendees each season
- National attention
- Various awards for creative commitment
- 27 years of educating children across the Southeast
Columbia City Ballet Artistic Director William Starrett had the vision to develop curriculum-driven educational ballet performance experiences that would be accompanied by a teacher’s guide, choosing stories and topics that help our young people with today’s concerns and developmental needs.
However, these are not dress rehearsals that we open to the public; our productions are specially made each season to:
- Provide a deep understanding of the art form of ballet
- Enhance the lives of every patron in attendance
- Educate the community at the highest level each season
- Obtain a greater knowledge and appreciation of ballet
- Leave you yearning to learn more about the performing arts in Columbia!
Performances last approximately an hour and include a Q&A. Performances are narrated so each student has a clear understanding of the story and can fully appreciate the professional ballet of the Columbia City Ballet.
*Reservations for fewer than 10 people must be purchased at the door day of the event*