Columbia City Ballet Celebrates Their 60th Anniversary with an Encore Presentation of the ’60s-Themed Beatles The Ballet!
Columbia City Ballet returns its premiere production of Beatles The Ballet based on one of the most iconic bands of all time -The Beatles! This multimedia ballet will follow the story of The Beatles’ careers beginning in the 1960’s and examining their cultural impact and the elevation of social consciousness throughout their music. The multimedia component will include not only historic depictions of The Beatles but also media related to inspirational and thought-provoking moments from the cultural revolution of 1960’s America. Featuring more than 35 songs, and conceived by William Starrett, Executive & Artistic Director of Columbia City Ballet, the ballet will include works by multiple choreographers, all under the artistic direction of Starrett.
Mr. Starrett was inspired to create the ballet through reflection upon the wide variety of music the group recorded in such a relatively short span of time. In addition, further inspiration arises from the fact that many of the issues The Beatles addressed in their work continue to be current topics in our national conversation. Always searching for ways to broaden the ballet audience while keeping the art current, Starrett feels the inspiration and influence The Beatles continue to have on subsequent generations is the perfect catalyst for inspiring a new generation of audience members.
Additionally, in honor of our 60th Anniversary, we’ll be screening a film highlighting CCB’s 60 years from 1961-2021 starting promptly at 6:30pm, so don’t miss it!
60th Anniversary Gala
April 17th at 9pm-11pm at Koger Center for the Arts
Join Columbia City Ballet for our 60th Anniversary Gala following the performance! Imbibe with patrons, staff, alumni and our professional dancers at an exclusive celebratory party with an archival display of the company’s most famed productions, light bites and adult refreshments. Guests are invited to dress in their ’60s attire. We’ll have groovy items up for bidding at the silent auction, a far out band, and more! For additional event details please call the CCB Office at 803.799.7605.
Columbia – Koger Center for the Arts
1051 Greene Street I Columbia, SC 29201
Saturday, April 17th at 2pm and 6:30pm
Tickets – Purchase tickets online, call the Box Office at 803.251.2222 Tuesday-Thursday from 10am-3pm and one hour before performance time, or visit the Box Office in-person Tuesday-Thursday 10am-3pm and one hour before performance time.
Seating – There are strict COVID-19 health and safety protocols in place to protect our patrons, dancers, staff, and volunteers. Seating will be socially-distanced. Every other row in the theater will be empty and seating is ONLY sold in pairs. There will be three empty seats between each pair of occupied seats.
To keep you safe, the Koger Center for the Arts has instituted the following rules:
- The lobby will only open 45 minutes before the event.
- To maintain social-distancing we have spread out the arrival of patrons. Please arrive:
- 30 minutes prior to curtain for Grand Tier or Balcony seating.
- 15 minutes prior to curtain for Orchestra level seating.
- Patrons will be seated immediately upon entering the lobby.
- NOTE: Tickets are grouped for 2 people only.
- Your ticket indicates your seat row and number and once inside the auditorium guests must stay in their assigned row and seat.
- Face coverings Must Be Worn inside the Koger Center at all times.
- No food or beverages allowed inside the Koger Center except bottled water.
- Please do not attend if in the 14 days prior to the event you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have had close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. In all of these cases, tickets are fully refundable, right up until show time. Call 803.777.5112.