Transforming the Ballet into Your Classroom
2019-2020 Educational Outreach Season
Beauty and the Beast
Friday, March 20 at 9:30 a.m. at Patriot Hall
Friday, March 27 at 9:30 a.m. at Koger Center
We offer a wide spectrum of:
- Artistic genres and disciplines
- Different dance forms
- Art history
- Physical fitness
- Theatre etiquette
Grinch and Beauty and the Beast are coordinated to College and Career Ready Standards and incorporate STEAM strategies, both of which are integrated into the program curriculum and lesson plans.
All performances feature the professional dancers of the Columbia City Ballet and our award-winning performance standards – at only $6 per seat*
Our educational outreach program has:
- 18,000 attendees each season
- National attention
- Various awards for creative commitment
- 27 years of educating children across the Southeast
Columbia City Ballet Artistic Director William Starrett had the vision to develop curriculum-driven educational ballet performance experiences that would be accompanied by a teacher’s guide, choosing stories and topics that help our young people with today’s concerns and developmental needs.
However, these are not dress rehearsals that we open to the public; our productions are specially made each season to:
- Provide a deep understanding of the art form of ballet
- Enhance the lives of every patron in attendance
- Educate the community at the highest level each season
- Obtain a greater knowledge and appreciation of ballet
- Leave you yearning to learn more about the performing arts in Columbia!
Performances last approximately an hour and include a Q&A. Performances are narrated so each student has a clear understanding of the story and can fully appreciate the professional ballet of the Columbia City Ballet.
*Reservations for fewer than 10 people must be purchased at the door day of the event*